It’s September 2nd & I simply cannot believe it! Summer is officially over & cooler days & everything pumpkin & cozy are approaching rapidly now. We’re transitioning into my absolute favorite season. I love all of the fun puns & metaphors you can let fall from the season because let’s be real, who doesn’t love that. And if you don’t, then you can just leaf. Right? Exactly. But really, I just love all the changing colors & baking everything in sight & the feeling of adventure that strikes warm in your bones as the world grows cold & chill. I feel like the summer to autumn season change is the most drastic of them all. This season always makes me want to try & experience new things & find the traditions that I one day want to carry on with my future family. It also leads into my birthday month & the end of the year. Autumn always strikes nerve that a new year is surely & quickly approaching. It jolts me awake & reminds me that the year isn’t over yet & that there’s still time for goal setting & ending the year with a bang.
So that being said, I made a list of things I want to do to challenge myself before winter freezes over & turns me into a hibernating antisocial bear. Here’s my list of things I’m choosing to fall into this season…
1. Wear more hats with casual outfits. Whether or not I document it, I just wanna wear more hats.
2. Learn to be more care-free. In life, my beauty routine, my habits, etc.
3. Bake something with peaches, not pumpkin & preferably make it a homemade pie. I’m obsessed with pumpkin & forget my love for the peachy peach. So make a peach pie.
4. Go on a solo adventure with the sole purpose of taking pictures solely of the changing leaves. I’m sure it will be good for the soul.
5. Try out a new local coffee shop. I’m a sucker for routine & familiarity & being comfortable. But maybe my future bf is a barista at that place down the road… So, I should go there now!
6. Do not do something random or nice for a random person. But instead, do something for someone you love that has purpose & thought & reason behind it.
7. Do the random person thing too.
8. Find a book. Read the book. Finish reading found book. I repeat, FINISH READING B-O-O-K.
So I’m writing these 8 things down on a piece of paper & taping them to my mirror. I really want to do these things & crossing off successes seem to be my biggest motivator. You guys can keep me accountable too! They’re not too unrealistic like go on a vacation or go skydiving, because ain’t nobody got to fo dat! But they’re little “in between life” goals that I’m sure I can finish over the next few months. Who else is gonna create a list & fall into it?
Oh yeah, here’s yesterday’s outfit to start the whole new season thing. I’m really into basics lately which I am loving. So much tradition behind the classics that I just can’t get over. You can never go wrong with some skinnies & a white tee!
White Sweater Tee; Forever 21 Corduroy Skinnies; Forever 21 Flats; Old Navy Clutch; Ross Necklace; Swallow’s Heart
Snapped these pics last night in downtown Sparks before seeing a move with my parents. Go see If I Stay, that way you can wish you were a teenager in love again!
Leave a Reply